Wednesday, November 20, 2013


While running today, I was doing my best to enjoy and take in the moment. I was ¾ of the way done with my run, so I was definitely working it at this point, but feeling proud that I was so close. The sun was barreling down on me and the softest rain drops fell upon me. In the brightest sun, I had the sweetest rain drops.

As I was enjoying the moment and really beginning to become proud of myself, a man on a bicycle had whizzed past me. With a flash and a blink of my eye, he was well ahead of me. Wherever he was going, I knew that he was going to beat me to my goal line. For one second, I wished I was going that fast.

After my five seconds of a pity party, I realized my run had slowed down and I lost sight of my goal line. I woke up really quickly. This was MY run, this was my journey today. Not going so fast meant that I could enjoy more of the sun and rain. When I refocused my thinking, I blinked and realized I had finished. I met my goal for the day.

Today’s challenge: Do not compare your journey with someone else’s. They have different tools that get them to the goal line faster, quicker and better. Someone will always be better than you and someone will always not be as good as you. That’s life. So, enjoy your sun and your rain drops along YOUR journey.

-Jaime

No comments:

Post a Comment