Monday, March 17, 2014

This St. Patty’s Day, be UN-lucky


 
Happy St Patrick’s Day!

Although I think turning the lake green is really cool, and, yes, I was that kid who looked on the ground for four leaf clovers back in the day, I must say today’s approach to St. Patty’s Day is going to be different from the norm.
 

Today, I want you to forget all the LUCK. You don’t have it. Now, I know what you are thinking, “Jaime, you have taken all the fun out of this day!” But I am saying “No, I made today even better!”

How so?

One thing I have learned from experience and reading is that we are not lucky. We worked really hard for what we have. We earned it. The problem with luck is that it runs out. BUT, when you earn something, it is much harder to lose.
 

If you earned something, you won’t “jinx” it. It is solid. That concept gives us confidence, hope and motivation. In fact, if you are aware that you have earned something, you are going to work even harder in the future because you don’t want to easily give up what you have put so much effort and time into.

This week’s challenge is to realize that you earned what you have. Build your confidence and self-worth. It was not by luck of the draw that you got where you are, you worked hard for that!

 
This St. Patty’s Day, be UN-lucky.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment