Monday, March 3, 2014

HURRY UP AND BE PATIENT!


 
HURRY UP AND BE PATIENT!
 
As I was heading into the office this morning I began to think about what might be a strong focus for the tip of the week. I couldn’t particularly think of what I wanted to say for today- then the heavens stopped me and told me the answer. No! Literally, I was stopped!

BY A TRAIN! A 30 minute train that was so slow, that for 10 of the 30 minutes it did not move at all. It was stopped. I was looking around, huffing and puffing, throwing up my hands and I might have even sworn. Do you know how much all this negative energy I was emitting moved me forward towards the office? ZERO.  A big fat 0!

No matter how impatient, angry and pouty I was, I moved up nothing. In fact, I was getting so upset that this barrier was in my way, that I actually tried to turn around at one point and go backwards. Going backwards would have only taken my further from my office. I let my own impatience get to me so badly that I would have went backwards, away from my goal. Not a good way to start out the week.

So, I thought, “Ah ha, this is my sign. Patience is what I will not only educate on today, but I will also let this be a focus for me this week, too.”

I began to relax and make do with what I had. I answered a few emails, wrote down some ideas I had for the tip of the week and uploaded some positive inspirations to Facebook while at this standstill.
 

Although I was late to my office this morning, I know that being personally self-aware of my patience this week will save me time, money and energy. The more impatient I am the worse decisions I will make, like going backwards. Going backwards is a waste of time and money. Often impatience creates anger which is a waste of energy.

This entire week’s goal came to me as I worked to reframe a negative situation.

This week’s goal is to be conscious of how impatient you are being. Self-check in traffic, when you are explaining something to someone, when your computer is taking forever to load, etc. A lot of our daily negativity comes from being impatient about a bunch of little things. Consistently be aware of your patience this week and work to make the best of the situation and/or find another way to get to the outcome.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment